Sunday, January 9, 2011

¡Llegamos en Santiago!


Everything I blogged yesterday got deleted! L And it took me FOREVER to tell you all about it!

So I will keep this one a little shorter, but I’ll still tell you guys all about it! We met up with some of the other kids on the trip at the Flower clock at Viña, and then we walked around for a long time looking at the little sea town. We tried to grab lunch at a little sea-side restaurant which unfortunately had nothing vegetarian for me so I stuck to ice-cream!

Khalia and I had to take a little break before we went to lay on the beach for a while and then went on to a … believe it or not… a Spanish opera. It was all in Italian, but a big screen projector was showing the play-acting for us poor Galleria folks and also had the Spanish subtitles, which I only understood about half of! It was really interesting. People were loving the playacting which was a lot more like a Broadway production than an opera show! The entire outdoor theater filled up fast.

We JUST about made it on time to meet up with the rest of the class in Santiago this morning. We had to take the bus back and then take a bus from the metro station to the hostel (great basic place for students with a pool – pictures later!). We walked in just as the group was about to leave for the city tour!

Saw some interesting sights – the Wall street of Santiago, the super duper rich peoples paradise which had some awesome houses, one with a helipad no less! And we saw a lot of the government buildings as well as the Presidential palace.

I am absolutely exhausted after all that and refuse to think about having to attend classes tomorrow!

Been trying to attach the opera but its not working.. Will try again tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment