Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jet Setting as usual

I am so jet-lagged it's unbelievable. I travelled over 26 hours yesterday, to get to Cincinnati from India. And I already have to unpack and pack in order to leave for Chile tomorrow!!

Why come to the States at all, you ask? Well, as always, I had so much food that I brought back with me that I HAD to stop here! I guess it was also easier to purchase round trip tickets, so why not.

Over break, my friend Khalia and I managed to book hotels for the first three nights before the program starts. I was so excited about being home that it didn't even hit me until then that I would soon be in CHILE! We decided to stay one night in Santiago to relax and then stay at Viña del Mar the other two nights to enjoy the beach. The hotels (both really nice) are surprisingly cheap. Both of them were well under $35 per person per night. Compare this to Europe when I traveled there in 2009, even the hostels would be close to $50 per person per night!

I can't really say I am nervous about traveling, but then again this might be because I am accustomed to being able to find my way over the years. What I can say is that I am so excited to put a pin on another continent on my world map to show my travels, and to experience a culture that from my research, seems like the middle ground between the western and eastern cultures.

Today, I have to boring things like pack, check in at my bank, clean up my house and leave everything in order.

But Tomorrow, I will be spending in Pesos, eating empanadas and attempting to use my limited Spanish vocabulary!

Hasta Pronto, is amigos! See you in Chile!

No comments:

Post a Comment